Saturday, August 9, 2014

my last (and maybe hardest) goodbye

I spent yesterday evening/night with a few of the people I love most here in Zambia - Eric, Corie, Eric's parents, Char and Reece. Eric and Corie treated us to High Tea at the Royal Livingstone - a beautiful hotel that costs more to stay at in one night than any of us would ever pay. We were served tea and ate from a buffet of sweet and salty little treats... it was such a fun and beautiful experience - but mostly because I got to spend it with these guys.

We played with Char and Reece in the grass and in the water fountain... ate some good food... we walked the beautiful grounds... hung out with some zebra... and spent my last night here in Zambia together.



I woke up early this morning, helping Eric pack up the tent and load the car before they were ready to head on their way. I got hugs and kisses from the littlest ones and then exchanged some tearful goodbyes with Eric and Corie. And by tearful... I was crying. And Eric may or may not have gotten a little emotional too... Gotta love that "pathetic" group (thank you Kristy Stenson) ;) But on a serious note... it was hard to say goodbye to them, even though I'll see them in a few months in PA! I've spent everyday with these guys for the past 10 weeks and they were my family.

E and Corie - I'm so thankful for each of you, so thankful for your willingness to take me into your home, so thankful for your friendship, and so thankful for my two little sisters. Thanks for sharing them with me this summer. You guys are awesome and have amazing hearts for people and for God... I'm beyond blessed to have been here with you guys this summer. I can't wait to see all of you at the farmer's fair :) love you guys


In a little more than 24 hours I will head to the airport here in Livingstone to begin my journey home. I'll be in the States Monday afternoon... as for now, I'm going to enjoy my last day in Zambia hanging out in the sun and packing up. Thank you to each and everyone of you who has followed my blog and prayerfully/financially supported me this summer... each of you have made this incredible experience possible. Also - thank you to each one of you that have been encouraging me and praying with me since my freshman year of college for an opportunity to come to Africa... I wouldn't be here without each and everyone of you. Until next time...

see you States side!

No comments:

Post a Comment